Thursday, August 7, 2014

Don't Take It Personal... Or Yes?


I was walking pass some teenage sistas today and I smiled at them and said "Hi!". Two of them spoke and the third just mean mugged me and kept walking....

I felt stupid... I felt like I should have just kept my mouth shut... after all I don't know these girls....

First I thought it was me... Maybe  I need to return "evil for evil" .... Mean mug her back?

But then I thought deeper. And I continued to smile.. I felt a little like I got punked out but whatever....

9 out of 10 times when these type of encounters happen... It's never something that the "offended" should take personal.

Because I know when Ive been stressed out... The ones closest to me get the results of my stress...

How do we respond to others when we are in a depressed state of mind?    Or when stress befalls us?

Do we respond to people different when we are blessed with some good news or a good experience?

Could this lead to the answer to "Why the rate of crime is so high in the black community? And all over the nation?"

Though I can't take it personal, should I take responsibility to do something about this problem?


Thoughts?